- The Town & Country Homes Association and Irish Farmhouse Holidays have come together to form a new joint body which will represent the majority of the B&B properties in the State.
- The new organisation will bring together over 1,100 members under one umbrella, representing the town, farm and country elements of the B&B product. Operating under the strong brand of B&B Ireland – Be at the heart of it all, the new organisation plans to build on the well established reputation of the sector for providing a family setting and a warm welcome for visitors to Ireland.
- B&B accommodation is very popular with overseas visitors to Ireland, particularly Americans and Europeans, 40% of whom stay at least one night in B&Bs. International trade accounts for 80% of B&B bednights and domestic trade for the remaining 20%.
- The unique character of the Irish B&B is well established, with an experience built on the “traditional Irish welcome” but encompassing much broader elements including a genuine Irish home environment, local knowledge and interest, value for money, a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, personal touches, and often local, home cooked food.
- B&B Ireland has recently appointed a new Chair, Margaret Cahill, who recently retired from Tourism Ireland. Margaret will bring a wealth of international marketing experience which augers well for an exciting future for this vitally important sector of Irish tourism.
Margaret Cahill - Chairperson, B&B Ireland
February 3rd 2010
ITIC Blog - Have Your Say!
|Brighter Prospects from Canada|
|Ireland welcomes almost 120,000 Canadians annually. Not significant, but a figure that may be about to take off, literally. ITIC recently spoke with the newly appointed Head of North America for Tou...|
|Solid performance from Australia|
|Long haul markets are forming an increasingly important part of Ireland’s overseas visitor numbers. Australia and New Zealand provided over 130,000 visitors last year. To look at this and cons...|
| - 09-May-2013|
|That is good news from Australia.
Other long-haul markets, such as the US, Canada, the Middle East, China and Brazil etc. are also beginning to "compete" with some of Ireland's stagnant source market...|
|New ITIC Chairman Elected|
|Paul Carty was today elected Chairman of ITIC for a 2 year term. Paul is Managing Director of the Guinness Storehouse, Ireland’s largest visitor attraction which welcomed over 1.1 million visito...|
To unsubscribe from the ITIC newsletter, please email email@example.com with "Unsubcribe From Ezine List" as the subject.